21 Days of Fasting and Praying

Normally, I keep fasting rituals to myself since it is a covenant to God but this fast is different.  The church I have been attending announced that it wanted the members to pray for a revival in the community. This moved me because I feel there is an incessant need for Christians to crusade for Christ. Daily, I see the world and its tyrannical demise and am constantly drawn back to the message in my book: Faith is believing without seeing.  Even when we think the Almighty has forsaken us, He is busy molding us for his will and purpose.  But how many of us can truly say we have faith that does not falter? I am guilty myself of grimacing at the slightest hint of things not going my way in life. If I, one who proclaims to be a Christian, cannot believe then it comes as no surprise that the church is in need of revival to reach out to the lost in our communities.  It is Day #5 of the fast and prayer and I can see God’s work and revelations in my life. I don’t know where I’m going, all I know is where I’ve been and that I have extended my hand and asked God to guide me as the Holy Spirit comforts me on this journey.

What I do know is there’s light at the end of the tunnel and writing is here to stay for me. I do know that much.

Until next time, pray without ceasing and smile because someone depends on it.

About these ads

6 Comments (+add yours?)

1. Michelle Isenhoff
    Jan 15, 2012 @ 16:40:38

Congratulations on your book! I saw it on Erik’s blog the other day. And you’re a teacher? And a Christian? I feel like I just found a sister! :) One of my favorite things about blogging is meeting the neatest people.

The very best of luck to you with Rainbow Valley!

2. Patricia Tilton
    Jan 15, 2012 @ 16:52:40

Enjoyed your sharing your fasting and prayer. I love your commitment. I have participated in silence retreats for two weeks at a time, and I loved the quiet and the deep inner work I was able to do, couple with service at the time. Will be fun to watch your journey.

3. MiMi Atkins
    Jan 16, 2012 @ 01:15:00

Michelle, HELLLOOO SISTER! It’s always a pleasure and an honor to meet another member of the body of Christ. I love that union true believers cling to. Yes, I teach high school English. I subbed to your blog and I am looking forward to reading!

4. MiMi Atkins
    Jan 16, 2012 @ 01:16:55

Patricia,
    Thank you. I am trying to become one in the Spirit of Christ. Your retreat reminds me of Henry David Thoreau – anytime I hear that word, I am reminded of how he escaped to the woods to escape the complexities of life as he sought simplicity. Thanks for joining the journey.

5. Michelle Isenhoff
    Jan 21, 2012 @ 20:46:59

Ha, ha, I forgot to check the “notify me of follow up posts” square, so I’m just getting back to see your response. I dittoed the subscription!

6. MiMi Atkins
    Jan 21, 2012 @ 23:00:39

I need to do the same, Michelle!